Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Wedding Cake Experiments - 1



I so love to bake! Those of you who know me have seen some results of my “exotic” cooking. Personally I don’t think I’ve yet been that exotic in the dessert world with things like:
Ø      Flourless Chocolate Cake
Ø      3day chocolate cake
Ø      cookies
Ø      cupcakes
Ø      Croquembouche
Ø      Souffle
Ø      Pies
Ø      Etc

But now I’m going to take a leap into the deep end and see what a Signal Processing Engineer can do in the Wedding and Specialty cake world.

This weekend marks the beginning of my endeavor to learn techniques and find the best cake for my wedding. I’m currently hopeful that I will be able to do this, but we shall see.

Wish me luck and I’ll be making my next entry soon on baking the actual cake before moving on to filling, icing and decorating. There are so many I want to try and so many designs I might need to have cake parties with polls on look, taste, etc. Let me know if you are interested in attending one!

-Charna

3 comments:

  1. Charna, sounds like a delicious adventure! Are you going to bake your own wedding cake? Or just discover ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends, if with enough practice I think I can pull off the perfect cake then I will make it. But if I can't get to the level I would like in time for the wedding we may buy a cake.

      This weekends experiment suggests I may be able to do it :)

      But I still need to experiment with royal icing, fondant, gum paste, marzipan, and isomalt decorations.

      Plus we don't have a date or convrete theme yet so it will be fun discovering ideas until we are more solid.

      Delete
    2. You are making me hungry. If you have extra, freeze some pieces for me to test when I come to visit.

      Delete